Owen King is Stephen and Tabitha King’s youngest child. He was born February 21, 1977. He has not jumped into writing as quickly as either Stephen King or his brother, Joe Hill. However, he is significantly published. This is a guide to all Owen King books so far.
We’re All in This Together: A Novella and Stories
Owen King’s first book is a short fiction collection originally published in 2005. We’re All in This Together is both the novella within the book and the title of the book. It also contains four other short stories: Frozen Animals, Wonders, Snake, and My Second Wife. Depending on which edition you have, it is approximately 225 pages long in total.
Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-New Superheroes and Their Amazing Short Stories
Owen King did not write all of Who Can Save Us Now?, but he did contribute to it and edit it. Owen King’s wife, Kelly Braffet, who is also an author, contributed a story as well. This is a collection of 22 short stories:
- Girl Reporter by Stephanie Harrell
- The Oversoul by Graham Joyce
- Nate Pinckney – Alderson, Superhero by Elizabeth Crane
- The Horses Are Loose by Cary Holladay
- The Quick Stop 5 by Sam Weller
- Remains of the Night by John McNally
- The Pentecostal Home for Flying Children by Will Clarke
- The Meerkat by Owen King
- When the Heroes Came to Town by Michael Czyzniejewski
- The Thirteenth Egg by Scott Snyder
- In Cretaceous Seas by Jim Shepard
- Roe #5 by Richard Dooling
- The Snipper by Noria Jablonski
- Man Oh Man – It’s Manna Man by George Singleton
- My Interview with the Avenger by Tom Bissell
- The Rememberer by J. Robert Lennon
- The Sisters of St. Misery by Lauren Grodstein
- Mr. Big Deal by Sean Doolittle
- The Somewhat Super by David Yoo
- Bad Karma Girl Wins at Bingo by Kelly Braffet
- League of Justice (Philadelphia Division) by Jennifer Weiner
- The Lives of Ordinary Superheroes by David Haynes
Double Feature: A Novel
Double Feature is Owen King’s first novel. Scribner first published it as a hardcover on March 19, 2013. It is 432 pages long, depending upon which edition you have. It’s also available in paperback.
Descriptions of exactly what this novel is about are all over the map, and I haven’t read it, which doesn’t help matters. In short, it is about a young, independent film maker. It sounds like a very funny novel, but one that also has real meaning. Bryant Burnette did an extensive review of it.
Intro to Alien Invasion
Intro to Alien Invasion is a graphic novel about an alien invasion on a college campus. It is authored by both Owen King and Mark Jude Poirier. The illustrations are done by Nancy Ahn. It was published by Scribner on September 15, 2015, and it is 224 pages long.
I anticipate that Sleeping Beauties will be Owen King’s breakout book. He co-authored this novel with his father, Stephen King. Scribner will publish it on September 26, 2017. Its hardcover first edition will be 720 pages long. A television series has already been planned. Various special editions will be available.
Of course, the King family as a whole has written a lot more than the books listed here. If you want guides to the rest of the books from the family, check these out: